I have now set up my own CrossFit affilliate, www.crossfitteesside.com please follow us, "LIKE" our page on Facebook and send any feedback. I will still use this blog to record my own training and act as a CrossFit diary.



Sunday, December 12, 2010

Whitten

This HERO WOD is dedicated to U.S Army Captain Dan Whitten, 28, of Grimes, Iowa, assigned to the 1st Battalion, 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, based out of Fort Bragg, North Carolina, died February 2, 2010 in Zabul, Afghanistan.

Five rounds for the time:
  • 22 Kettlebell swings 32kg
  • 22 Box jumps (24 inch)
  • 400m run
  • 22 Burpees
  • 22 wall ball shots, 20lb ball
This WOD was a killer, I only had a 24kg kettlebell available and the run was on a shingel/ wet slippy mud terrain which wasnt an ideal surface but you work with what you got. I did the WOD with my mate Ben Walker and I got a time of 29:55, Ben finished at 34:25, he can move quick for a big lad ;-)

The whole or part of the ear must be seen as the head goes through the window on the American KB swing, with the Russian Kettlebell swing the kettlebell just comes upto shoulder height. Use American Kettlebell swings as the default unless its stated otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment